The role of our gut microbiota, its influence on our health and indeed its role in disease states is now well established.
Probiotic supplementation from a clinical perspective is based on a number of factors
- Do no harm
- Careful selection of specific strains with evidence demonstrating ability to alter health outcomes
- resistance to gastric acidity
- ability to colonise
- antimicrobial properties – antagonistic properties toward pathogens
- mucosal integrity, contributing to luminal metabolism and stability
- anti-inflammatory and immunomodulatory effects
Europe has long been the source of specialised bacterial strains with many Australian probiotic manufacturers sourcing their active ingredients based on this fact.
We are an Australian company with a distinct difference.
We supply the actual finished product – not the raw material – to Australia and in doing so, Patients and Healthcare Practitioners are assured the strains are the ones used in the clinical and pharmacological studies to support their use.
Our Evidence Based Probiotics include: